A stronghold is a fortress as well as any cities/towns that supplies that fortress.
There are three forms of resources available to the player characters: Citizens, Trade Goods and Gold. Citizens are measured by Citizen Unit (CU), each of which are approximately 4 adult, working experts and 8 non working commoners (the families of the experts). Trade Goods are produced by Trade Unit (TU), can be sold for 500gp (+/- Barter, see below) each. Gold can be withdrawn or deposited from the keep’s coffers, and its value does not depreciate over time but also earns no interest. Every 2 CUs consumes 1 TU per Week (This is called the ’People’s Share’).
- 1x Main Hall
- Cost: NA
- Expense: 1 CU stewards, 500gp/week miscelaneous
- Income: None (includes Wall (Keep Event Rolls +1) & Warehouse (Can hold 30 TUs))
- ?what else?
- 1x Fishing Boat
- Cost: 4 TU & 2000gp (apply Trade Tax)
- Expense: 1 CU can operate 2x Fishing Boats (note: CUs can no longer be split), plus 50gp per week
- Income: 2 TU/Week
- 1x Fields (less chance of attacks than Fishing Boat)
- Cost: 2 TU & 1000gp (apply Trade Tax)
- Expense: 1 CU, plus 100gp per week
- Income: 4 TU/Month
- ?what else?
A trade galley can be sent to a friendly city containing trade goods. The initial price in barter is 500gp per TU, but they are bartered in sets of ten (5000gp per set). If the city has variable trade Tax, multiply the initial price with the trade Tax percentage before the barter begins. A barter is a simple d20 dice roll. Add bonuses to the result (+1/CHA Skill trained), then minus 10, multiply by 50gp per TU in trade (so 500gp in a set). Add/subtract the final result to the initial price.
Simple example~ 1 set to be bartered with 0 Cha skill trained on a 100% trade city:
- Roll 5 on the d20: (5-10)*500 = -2500 gp, Initial is 5000gp, total result = 2500gp traded.
- Roll 10 on the d20: (10-10)*500 = +/-0 gp, Initial is 5000gp, total result = 5000gp traded.
- Roll 15 on the d20: (15-10)*500 = +2500 gp, Initial is 5000gp, total result = 7500gp traded.
Advanced example~ 1 set to be bartered with 2 Cha skill trained on a 75% trade city:
- Roll 5 on the d20: (7-10)*500 = -1500 gp, Initial is 3750gp, total result = 2250gp traded.
- Roll 10 on the d20: (12-10)*500 = +1000 gp, Initial is 3750gp, total result = 4750gp traded.
- Roll 15 on the d20: (17-10)*500 = +3500 gp, Initial is 3750gp, total result = 7250gp traded.